How to clean up after a party the right way / 5 Pro Tips For How To Clean Up After A Party
Most of us have either attended or hosted a party, and we all know that after the festivities have come to a close, someone is usually tasked with cleaning up the mess. Though it may seem daunting at first, the good news is that with a few pro tips and a bit of elbow grease, cleaning up your space after a party can be made a lot simpler.
Here are five pro tips for how to clean up after a party like a pro:
1) Have a “broom & mop intervention”: Let’s face it, nobody enjoys the aftermath of spills and crumbs, so it’s important to arm yourself with the proper cleaning tools. Before the party begins, have your mops and brooms out and ready so that guests can help with the clean-up when they leave.
2) Avoid procrastination: The worst case scenario is to leave your party mess to sit overnight, so try your best to keep on top of the tidying up throughout the night. Ask your guests to pitch in, assign jobs to family members, and do whatever it takes to get the job done in no time.
3) Grease-fighting dish soap: Grease is one of the most difficult messes to clean up, especially if you don’t have the proper supplies. Invest in a grease-fighting dish soap and make sure it’s easy to access during the party. Grease-fighting dish soap is a great way to make sure that all grease on plates and cutlery get washed away in a jiffy.
4) Gather the trash: Midnight can come pretty quickly during a party, which is why it’s important to assign someone to gather up all the trash. This can easily be integrated into other clean-up tasks such as washing the dishes or sweeping the floors. Have a designated trash bag at the ready so that it’s easy for everyone to throw away their trash.
5) Air freshener to the rescue: It might not seem like it, but scents can make or break a party. Invest in a good air freshener and make sure it’s easy for guests to access throughout the party. This is a great way to keep things smelling fresh so that guests don’t get overwhelmed by the smell of food, smoke or other unpleasant scents.
With these five tips, you now have the tools you need to make sure that your parties go off without a hitch and you can have results as good as a professional’s. So don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty and have some fun with your cleaning up endeavours. After all, it’s the perfect way to appreciate the unforgettable memories of your party!
Read more Eco Cleaning tips on our BLOG.